All teaching positions are advertised in the Education Gazette.
Student Services Assistant
Riccarton High School is looking for a person to be responsible for looking after our students when they have been referred or directed to time out. This role is to assist our students in being ready to learn – to support them in taking advantage of the learning opportunities provided for them, and provide the care and support needed to achieve this.
This role is an integral part of our pastoral care group, and also works alongside our Student Services Administrator providing support to our Deans, as well as entailing our students wear the correct uniform.
The role is for 31 hours per week, during school terms only, with a start time of 8.15am each morning.
The work will involve
- processing and supervising referred students, including letters to parents and other documentation
- implementing learning/behaviour modification programmes
- developing and maintaining positive relationships with students
- assisting with the induction of new students
- ensuring students are wearing the correct uniform
- help some students with sourcing uniform
- providing administrative support to the Deans
The person we are looking for will have experience building good relationships with teenage students, strong administrative and computer skills, and a willingness to go the extra mile for our students. Knowledge of a school management system (we use Kamar) would be helpful but is not necessary – but demonstrated use of other computer programmes would be useful.
This role will suit a motivated person who is proactive, takes the initiative and has the ability to maintain a professional and personable manner at all times. They will also need to have the ability to relate with students from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds.
Applications close Friday 29th March 12.00pm.
Applications, including cover letter and CV to email@example.com