We are seeking a Samoan language Teaching Assistant to support our Pasifika Studies Programme students for 6 hours per week (fixed-term, term time only) for the 2018 school year.
Main duties will involve:
- Samoan language support for students Riccarton High School’s Pasifika Studies programme (4 hours per week).
- Assisting with the planning and assessment of Samoan language Achievement Standards with the support of a registered teacher.
- To assist in supporting Pasifika students outside timetabled hours, which may include attending specific Pasifika events or supporting our Homework Club (2 hours per week).
Preferred skills, qualifications and other specifications:
- A completed tertiary qualification or partial completion thereof.
- An excellent knowledge of written and spoken Samoan and English language and literacy.
- Punctual, honest, reliable and respectful of confidential information.
- Values working as a team to support Pasifika young people.
Applications close Monday 22 January at 12:00pm.
Please send your application including a CV, cover letter and the contact details of three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org