The purpose of the PTA is to create a close association between parents and the school.
The main functions of the PTA are:
- to be a representative group of parents for consultation with the school
- to act as a sounding board for any changes in the school
- to keep the Principal aware of parents’ perspectives on school matters
- interacting with the parent community and staff by serving tea and coffee at parent evenings, report evenings etc (as requested by the school)
- bringing the school community together at social events by organising various activities
- running the second-hand uniform sale days
- helping with new uniform sales in January
There is very little focus on fundraising – we rather like to consider the PTA activities as ‘fun’ raising events.
All are welcome to attend our meetings:
- 21 February 2017
- 21 March 2017 (AGM)
- 11 April 2017
- 16 May 2017
- 20 June 2017
- 25 July 2017
- 15 August 2017
- 19 September 2017
- 17 October 2017 (tbc)
- 21 November 2017
7.30pm-9.00pm in the staffroom
NOTE: After school hours the front doors to the administration building will be locked. To gain entry to the staffroom, please enter through the doors on the opposite side of the admin block.
We are always looking for new active members – please consider joining.
For further information, please contact the school on 348 5073 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org