Apply to Study
How to Enrol
Entry requirements – we accept students between the ages of 13 and 18. While a basic level of English is recommended, no international English test is required prior to arrival in New Zealand. We conduct our English testing on-site and can provide intensive English classes for beginners.
To apply to Riccarton High School please email or mail:
- A completed Riccarton High School International Student Application Form with school rules and authorisation release forms signed by parents (parents should keep a copy of this at home). International enrolment form
- A recent school report (In English)
- A recent photo
- Any other relevant certificates, national examination results, etc.
If your application is successful, you will receive an offer letter and an invoice for the fees payable. A confirmation letter, an offer of place, and a receipt will be sent to you on payment of the invoice. Payment can be made by cash, bank deposit, or credit card (bank commissions apply).
In order to study in New Zealand as an international student, you are required to have a student visa. Full details on how to apply for a student visa, including application forms, fees, and addresses of the receiving offices for applications, are available through the New Zealand Immigration Service and can be viewed on their website: www.immigration.govt.nz.
When you apply for a visa, you will be required to supply to the nearest New Zealand Embassy:
• A completed and signed ‘Application to Study in New Zealand’ form
• The application fee
• Your passport with two recent photos attached
• Evidence of financial support while in New Zealand
• The offer of place document from the school
• Evidence that you have paid the course fees (the receipt from the school)
• Evidence of guarantee of accommodation.