Beginning of year dates and events 2019
Happy New Year everyone and welcome back to 2019. Click here for school start dates and events up until 6 February.
Monday 21 January
- The main school office and international office opens.
- International students' orientation, to Friday 27 January.
- International peer support leaders meet in the international office at 11:00am.
Tuesday 22 January
- Year 13 leadership training camp, at Blue Skies, to Wednesday 23 January.
Thursday 24 January
- Year 12 course change day, 9:00am-12:00pm.
Only students who need to make changes should attend this day.
Year 12 students may go home once they've completed changes.
Friday 25 January
- Years 11 and 13 course change day, 9:30am-2:00pm.
Only students who need to make changes should attend.
Year 11 and 13 students may go home once they've completed changes.
Monday 28 January
Staff only day.
Tuesday 29 January
Staff only day.
Wednesday 30 January
TERM 1 BEGINS:
- 8:10am: Peer support to meet whanau teachers in whanau rooms.
Year 9 Orientation begins, 8:30am-3:15pm.
- 8:30am: Powhiri for all Year 9 students and their parents, new international students, new students and new staff members, followed by light refreshments.
- 9:45am: Year 9 students return to the hall for whanau class allocations.
- 10:30: Interval
- 11:00am: Whanau rooms with whanau teachers and peer support leaders
- 1:00pm: Lunch.
- 2:00pm: Whanau rooms.
- 3:15pm: End of the first day.
Thursday 31 January
Year 9 orientation continues, 8:30am-3:00pm.
- 8:30am: Report to whanau rooms. G Block lockers issued to Year 9 students
- 2:15pm: Year 9 arts, culture and sports assembly, to 3:00pm.
Year 10 begins, 10:00am-2:15pm.
- 10:00am: All Year 10s to report to the Hall for assembly, and to be welcomed by Mrs Ross, (Year 10 Dean). Whanau class lists read out. Students are reminded to keep their 2018 Youth Cards. Some students may have outstanding 2018 clearance to complete.
- 11:00am: Year 10 to whanau rooms.
- 12:20pm: Early lunchtime, to 1:00pm.
- 1:15pm: Year 10 Arts, culture and sports assembly, to 2:15pm, in the Hall. Information about co-curricular programmes and sign-up. Students then released for the day.
Friday 1 February
- Year 10-13 lockers available: Limited lockers available for Year 10-13 students allocated on payment of $5 levy. Two students per locker, first-in, first-served.
All students at school today at 8:30am:
- Year 9 and 10 students report to whanau rooms.
- Year 11 students report to the gymnasium.
- Year 12 students report to the hall.
- Year 13 students report to LC2 and LC3.
- Kohanga Ako students report to E1 and E3.
Timetable starts for all students at 9:30am with period 2, to 3:15pm.
Monday 4 February
- Normal timetable for all students.
Wednesday 6 February