Library Assistant – Part-time, fixed-term.
Riccarton High School’s wonderful Library Assistant is taking a sabbatical for Terms 2 and 3 of this year which leaves us needing to find an exceptional and suitably experienced person to cover her role during this time.
The successful candidate will work alongside our very talented Library Manager, Mrs Sally Brown.
The role is part-time, 33 hours per week, during school terms only and will start on Monday the 30th of May 2022, concluding on Friday the 30th of September 2022.
The work will involve:
· Assisting with development and delivery of information literacy sessions.
· Operating circulation desk duties alongside Christchurch City Libraries team.
· Maintaining positive day-to-day interactions with staff, students and members of the public.
· Promoting a love of reading to students.
· Opening the library and providing supervision during break times.
We are looking for a team player who enjoys working with a diverse range of people, particularly teenagers. Someone who loves literature and is keen to promote a love of reading and learning. Someone who can embrace a multi-faceted and dynamic work environment, with a positive and flexible attitude.
For a comprehensive Job Description, please click on this link: https://www.riccarton.school.nz/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Library-Assistant-Job-Description-April-2022.pdf
Please complete our application form by clicking on this link: https://www.riccarton.school.nz/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Support-Staff-Application-form-APR-2022.pdf and return it along with a covering letter and your C.V. to the Principals Executive Assistant, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday the 20th of May 2022.