NGĀ MANU KŌRERO 2018
E ngā kura o Waitaha, me Aoraki, me Te Tai Poutini e mātārae o te ao mārama , e whakarāmemene mai tātou ki te marae kōrero mō ā tātou rangatahi. kia piki ake te whakaaro, ko te reo ki te taumata. Mauria mai e ngā ihi, me ngā wehi o ngā mahi tīpuna . Haere mai ki te whakapiripiri Te Kura o ngā taitamariki o Ō -Tautahi. E tuwhera ana anō te waka huia kupu, Ngā Manu Kōrero 2018. Ka kō ka kō i ara e!
Kia ora koutou e ngā kura o Waitaha Aoraki, huri atu ki Te Tai Poutini.
This year Te Kura Tuarua o Pūtaringamotu is honoured to host the Regional Ngā Manu Kōrero Speech Contest 2018 which will be held on Friday 22 June 2018 at Riccarton High School, Christchurch.
All communication and correspondence on this event should be sent to Te Kura Tuarua o Pūtaringamotu.
Please send Manu Kōrero entries and queries via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mail address is 31 Vicki St, Sockburn, Christchurch 8042.
Please note that registrations, along with completed Code of Conduct forms and payment must be received no later than Friday 1 June 2018.
The draw for the order of speakers will be completed by Friday 8 June 2018. You will be emailed the order once it is available.
To ensure you are eligible for the contest you must have registered and completed payment for your speakers and supporters by the closing date for entries.
You must have also completed and returned the enclosed Code of Conduct.
Please complete one registration form for each speaker. If you wish to receive confirmation that your entry has been received, please include an email address so we can reply with the number of speakers’ registered from your kura.
Please also include in your registration the number of supporters from your kura. This will ensure your registration pack is accurate.
To enter your school for Manu Kōrero you must have a speaker in a Maori section: Rawhiti Ihaka and/or Pei Te Hurinui Jones.
- The impromptu speeches for the senior sections, Korimako and Pei Te Hurinui Jones will be held before the prepared speeches. Please make sure your speakers are aware of this.
- If your kura is attending the powhiri, please be aware that the hall has limited seating – approximately 400 can be seated.
2018 NGĀ MANU KŌRERO TOPICS
Students can choose a topic from the following list:
- The best project I will ever work on is me.
- Strong values are just as important as academic achievement.
- Mana – To inherit or earn?
- The purpose of education is to create possibilities …
- Mobilise te reo …
- Guidelines to raising a digital native.
- Trust ME with OUR future.
- The goals and dreams I have to ensure a perfect life …
- I am going to make an “APP”.
- 10 ways to teach me.
- Nā te waewae i kimi atu.
- Māku anō tōku ao e waihanga.
- Pakeke mā! Kia mau ki te rongomaiwhiti o te tauira.
- Te aroaro ka tahuri ki te angitū, e kore e tau ki raro.
- Kei ngā mātanga o te reo! He aha i hē ai te reo o te rangatahi?
- E toa ai a Whiro, me nohopuku noa a Kou tangata!
- Te manu hangarau, he kōpara kairērere.
- Ngaro atu ki tāwāhi, tanumia ki tāwāhi.
- Kei roto i au ngā pūmanawa ō ngā Atua.
- Tōku ao Māori ka tata ngaro nei.