The purpose of the PTA is to create a close association between parents and the school.
The main functions of the PTA are:
- to be a representative group of parents for consultation with the school
- to act as a sounding board for any changes in the school
- to keep the Principal aware of parents’ perspectives on school matters
- interacting with the parent community and staff by serving tea and coffee at parent evenings, report evenings etc (as requested by the school)
- bringing the school community together at social events by organising various activities
- running the second-hand uniform sale days
- helping with new uniform sales in January
There is very little focus on fundraising – we rather like to consider the PTA activities as ‘fun’ raising events.
All are welcome to attend our meetings.
2020 meeting dates:
- 18 February
- 17 March – AGM and brief PTA meeting afterwards
- 7 April
- 12 May
- 16 June
- 21 July
- 18 August
- 15 September
- 20 October
- 17 November
NOTE: After school hours the front doors to the administration building will be locked. To gain entry to the staffroom, please enter through the doors on the opposite side of the admin block.
We are always looking for new active members – please consider joining.
For further information, please contact the school on 348 5073 or email: email@example.com
SECONDHAND UNIFORM SALES
- The PTA sells second-hand uniforms on behalf of families.
- Any uniform pieces for sale can be dropped off at the main office during term time. Downloading the second-hand uniform resale form and having it already filled out will speed up the drop-off process.
- We have two uniform sales per year, dates will be advertised on the school’s website and in the newsletter. “Pop-up” second hand uniform sales may also be held during the year (dates being advertised on the website and in the school newsletter nearer the time)
- We accept all items of the school uniform for sale as long as it is in an acceptable condition. When filling out the form, please note the type of uniform piece and size it is ie: short sleeved striped girl’s blouse. If in doubt visit NZ Uniform’s website for more information on the item.
- Payment for the second-hand uniforms can be cash or eftpos.