We are proud of our uniform and wearing it correctly with pride demonstrates respect for our Riccarton Way.
All students must wear the full and correct uniform, including footwear at school, to and from school, and when representing the school.
Uniform can be purchased online or in store at 455 Blenheim Road, Christchurch – just down the road from school (opposite the Z service station on the corner of Curletts Road and Blenheim Road).
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 9:00am to 5:00pm and Saturday 9:00am to 4:00pm.
NZ Uniforms have a range of payment options including Uniform Club and financing.
NZ Uniforms can also prepare WINZ quotes. See the flyer for more information and a price list of uniform items.
If you have any questions, email: email@example.com
Top half, select from:
- Short or long sleeved white uniform blouse with red and blue pinstripes
- Short sleeved plain white uniform blouse with RHS embroidered on collar
- Short or long sleeved white uniform shirt with red and blue pinstripes
- Navy blue jersey with stripe and school crest
- Navy blue cardigan with stripe and school crest
- Tie (optional) – blue with school crest: Years 9-12
- Tie (optional) – red with school crest: Year 13 only
- Navy blue blazer (optional) with red stripes and RHS crest
We recommend the purchase of 1 jersey or cardigan and at least 2 blouses or shirts
Bottom half, select from:
- Navy blue box pleat skirt
- Navy blue wrap-around skirt
- Navy blue shorts
- Navy blue or dark grey trousers (not black)
- Belt (optional): black or navy leather with plain buckle
- Plain navy blue or black socks
- Navy blue or black tights: can be worn with skirts instead of socks
- Plain black leather school shoes
We recommend the purchase of 1 skirt/shorts/trousers, 2 shirts, 1 jersey/cardigan and at least 3 pairs of socks
Consider for Winter
- Navy blue jacket with RHS crest
- Red and navy blue jacket with RHS crest: now only available 2nd hand
- School scarf: available for purchase from the school office
Physical Education and Sports (Years 9 and 10)
- Clean non-marking sports shoes.
- Blue and red V-neck t-shirt with white piping
- Blue and red sports shorts with white piping
- Navy blue tracksuit pants (optional)
Other Uniform requirements for all Students
The purpose of the following requirements are to wear the uniform with respect so you can:
- Present yourself as a respectful Riccarton High School student
- Consider health and safety considerations
- Be prepared for a community life, during and after high school
With respect in mind, these are the requirements for presenting yourself:
- Students’ appearance should be neat, tidy and smart
- Minimal makeup
- Neat, clean and tidy hair which may need to be tied up or covered at times for health and safety.
- Health and safety must be considered when wearing any jewellery: think small and discreet and be prepared to remove jewellery for certain subjects and activities.
- Taonga or necklace
- Earrings: students with ear piercings must wear studs, sleepers or discreet earrings
- All other piercings must be removed or replaced with a small stud or clear retainer
Any garment worn under the school uniform, including t-shirts and polypros, must not be visible.
Hoodies, sneakers, sports/skate shoes, or any other non-leather shoes are not part of the school uniform. They are not to be worn to or from school, or around the school except in Physical Education classes or during sporting activities.
If there are cultural reasons why students can’t meet our uniform regulations, parents or caregivers must make contact with the appropriate Kaitiaki (Dean). Requests will be considered on a case by case basis.
Any item the school deems inappropriate or a potential health and safety risk will need to be removed or covered up.
If a student temporarily cannot meet the uniform requirements they must report to Student Services before school. Student Services may supply a loan item or a uniform pass for the day. Students who choose not to follow the school uniform requirements may face disciplinary consequences.