IT NETWORK ASSISTANT
- 35 hours per week
- 45 weeks per annum (40 weeks during term time, plus 5 weeks in school term break (one week in each term break and two weeks in January).
The Network Assistant will provide end-user desktop support, installation of hardware and software, and troubleshoot network and system problems.
This will include:
- Desktop-side application installation and troubleshooting
- Desktop computer installation and replacement
- Lab computer installation and replacement
- Network connectivity troubleshooting from switch to end-user
- Desktop-side hardware installation and troubleshooting
- Network switch and wireless equipment installation and configuration
- Monitoring network traffic and security threats
- Configuration and updating of firewall and proxy server
- Microsoft Servers maintenance and troubleshooting (Windows Server, Azure, DHCP, DNS and storage, Office 365 and Google Apps)
- Network inventory database maintenance
- Data recovery and user profile backup
- Monitor, update and troubleshoot active directory and group policy problems.
- Have a broad knowledge of computing in general
- An ability to learn technical things quickly
- Be able to problem-solve and diagnose technical issues
- Be able to relate and communicate with students and teachers
- Have a calm manner
- Permit to work in New Zealand
- Great spoken and written English.
- Skills that would be beneficial for you to bring to the table include great people skills and an ability to communicate with people at all levels.
Areas of Technical Expertise
- Windows Server 2012 /2016 /2019 Active Directory
- Windows 10
- LAN and networking skills
- Microsoft Office 2016/ 365 Pro Plus
- Office 365 / Azure Admin
- Google GSuite Admin
- KAMAR or similar SMS system
- Microsoft WSUS
- Microsoft MDT
- Aerohive Hive Manager
Applications close Monday 1 July at 12:00pm. Applications to include CV and cover letter.